BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pillows, feathers, food, and fabric blah blah blah!!!


So in the midst of planning a wedding, spening as much time as humanly possible with The Chip,working over 20 hours a week, a full load at school, healing a torn tibialous, and trying to live a semi-Emilee-normal college life I have realized how easy it is to get distracted from the point of it all.

I am neck deep into planning, a rather fantastic if I do so myself, wedding which will occur on my favorite day March 17th, to my favorite person, the priorly posted The Chip. And I have noticed that everyday I get EXTREMELY exhausted ridiculously easy, like I need an hour and half nap EVERY STINKIN DAY! I love napping don't get me wrong, but I hate that I NEED one to get through the day, its like I entered my fourth semester of college and suddenly turned 40.Gross. Anyways, I was going through a wedding blog that I follow regularly and happened upon a bride who spent thousands of dollars, a year, anger, tears, drama, and hastle for something that lasted about 6 hours in all. She talked about how all the trouble, while worth it in the end, was to her unnecessary in the end. The whole point of ALL of it was to celebrate the fact that she was to wed her love. I found myself totally understanding every word she was saying, minus the thousands of dollars,drama, and anger parts thankfully. Somewhere, between the swatch colors, the after wedding dress pattern, the invite background color, the literally hundreds of peacock feathers all over the house, the ribbon, the lack of ribbon I actually need, the colored envelopes I lost true sight of the magic that the pre-wedding engaged Emilee beamed about. I AM MARRYING MY SOUL MATE!!!!!FOR ETERNITY!!!! Why would I ever in any way shape or form EVER put any of those things in my mind before him, and before the joy that enters my soul when I think of seeing him on the other side of that altar? Satan has a very sneaky way of not only tempting and creating problems before a marriage, which is all a very different topic, but also stressing you out and making whats really important NOT in the for front of your mind. I am really grateful that I had a chance to read that blog, it really made me hit the breaks in my brain and realize that I have no reason to let stress tire me out merely because there is lots to do. I have time to finish the Maid of Honors hair piece, and to fit The Chip's shirt, I have time to talk to the cake maker, and I have time to find shoes. But I do not have any room whatsoever to ignore this most precious time to appreciate and love my one and only while we prepare to be sealed for time and all eternity, because the excitement and happiness we feel right now will never be replaced.

-EP

2 comments:

Marquette said...

It really is amazing how quick we can get distracted by "the good" or "necessary" things in life. I feel like I do that all the time. Thanks for the reminder.

EPG said...

Heck I do it even not when in wedding mode!!!